Judge Call – YCS London 2019
We would like to inform you about the opportunity to work at YCS London 2019:
- Date(s): October 25-27, 2019
- Location: London (United Kingdom)
- Event Information
We are looking for knowledgeable and reliable judges to oversee this important tournament, both as Judges and as general event Staff (helping, for example, with Scorekeeping, Registration, Promotional Activities, Digital Game Demonstration, Digital Game Logistic Support and Public Events). If you are interested in being a part of the team for this event, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
This offer is open to everyone who meets the following criteria:
- At least 18 years of age (at the time of the event).
- Passed the RC-1 rules test and is part of the KDE Judge Roster
- Strong communication skills towards players and other Judges
- Strong knowledge of procedures, current tournament policies and Penalty Guidelines.TCG Policy and Penalty Guidelines have recently been updated!
- Able to work from Saturday morning to Sunday evening.
- Strong communication skills in the English language (additional knowledge of other languages is also welcome).
Each Judge attending the event will be supported with the following:
- Breakfast, lunch & drinks during event hours (meals after event hours are not included)
- Hotel room from Friday to Monday; which will be booked and paid for by Konami (two-bed room, shared with another judge)
- Judge Field Center Card
- A dice (Judge Dice, or Pre-Registration Dice, depending on stocks)
- Current European Judge Mat1
- Judge Reward Points – Last Updated: WCQ:EU 2019
Judge Rewards Points
Judges can redeem their Judge Reward Points on various items such as booster packs, Game Mats and accessories.
Saturday & Sunday:
- 40 points per day (Judges and Staff are required for both Saturday and Sunday)
- 10 points per day for Floor Judge Team Leaders & Scorekeepers (*Non Lead)
- 20 points per day for Logistic Leads (E.g. Paper Lead, Deck Check Lead, Scorekeeper Leads)
- 30 points per day for Head Judges
Friday (if selected):
- 80 points for all team members selected for Friday2
- No additional points are awarded for Friday
- 60 points for Travel Assist (this is a flat rate)
[br]Judges may receive additional compensation depending on their travel costs. This is applicable to pre-booked travel only. Proof of travel costs are required alongside Judge Compensation requests. The additional compensation is outlined below:
- Judges who spend £100/€120 will receive the previous years Judge Travel Assist Game Mat in addition
- Judges who spend £150/€175 will receive the current Travel Assist Game Mat in addition
- Judges who spend £220/€250 will receive both the current Travel Assist, and the Judge Travel Assist Game Mat from previous year
Banked Judge Points
- Judges may bank up to 1,000 Judge Points
- If a Judge exceeds a total of 1,000 Banked Judge Points, they will not be able to bank additional Judge Points
- Unused Judge Points in excess of 1,000 Banked Judge Points will be claimed as the most recent Booster Pack if unused
- Judges who currently exceed 1,000 Banked Points will not have to spend Banked Points, however they will not be able to Bank any additional Judge Points[br]
The deadline for applications is: Tuesday, 13th August 2019 at 9h00 (BST) / 10h00 (CEST)
We will notify each applicant once the team selection has been finalised.
1May be exchanged the the current US Judge Mat for 5 Judge Reward Points
2Judges selected for Friday will be required on site and ready from 9h00. The increase of points awarded is to reflect the extended day on Friday.
Personal Data Collection and Sharing:
[br]In order to successful organise and run our events, we may need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only share your personal data where it is necessary to do so.
Some examples of how your date is shared and used are set out below:
[br][br]1. We will share your personal data with our Event Agency to:
- Manage and organise tasks such as food stipend and hotel bookings. The events agency may be in contact with you directly via email to confirm booking information and to assist if you wish to make any amendments to your booking;
- Assess your relevant experience and staffing role interests to make decision regarding staffing at the event; and
- Facilitate any shipments to be made to you after the event, for example the shipment of goods and/or rewards.
[br][br]2. We will share your personal data with our Organisational Judges (such as Head Judges, Team Leads, Logistic Leads) to:
- Assist and manage team selection and role selection; and
- Facilitate event communications, such as providing event briefings.
[br][br]3. During the event, we may provide your dietary requirements to our Event Agency should you have any dietary requirements. This information is not shared digitally in advance.
Alternatively, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org[br]
If you are not chosen to attend this event, please do not take it personally; there will be more applicants than open spots, and as such we will need to turn down several applications. There will be other opportunities to judge at premier events in the future, and we will take previous applications into account when staffing those future events.
We are looking forward to your application, and would like to thank you for your support of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.