YCS Sheffield Deck Construction procedure
As Sealed Pack play is still quite a new thing for Yu-Gi-Oh!, here’s a brief walk-through for those Duelists who are unsure what will happen in Sheffield.
To avoid problems during Deck registration, and to eliminate the need for a Deck Swap, Duelists at the YCS Sheffield main event will be given pre-registered card pools to construct their Decks. This will make it easier for everybody, as accidental mis-registrations can be avoided. This is how it will work in detail:
- Upon the beginning of the event, Duelists will be seated alphabetically.
- Judges will then hand each Duelist a foldable Deck box, containing the cards from 10 Battle Packs. The Packs are already opened and all cards are pre-registered on a checklist.
- Duelists will then check if the cards they received matches what is written on their checklist (if not, call a judge!). They will then construct their Deck (30 cards minimum) and register all cards of the Main Deck it in the “DECK” column of the checklist. Extra Deck cards do not have to be registered.
Time Limit for Deck Construction is 20 minutes.
- At the end of Deck Construction, Judges will collect the completed checklists from all Duelists.
- Round 1 pairings will be posted and the event begins.
- On Sunday morning, this process will be repeated. Duelists that are still in the tournament will receive a new set of cards and construct a new Deck for the remaining rounds, using only those new cards.